Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Did God know Adam was going to sin?

At my last cell meeting on Saturday, a number of interesting questions arose.

One was did God know Adam was going to sin? If He did why did He still create him?

God choose us before the foundation of the world (Eph 1:4), He knows what we are going to say even before we say it (Ps 139:4), He wrote down all the days of our lives in His book even before we were formed (Ps 139:16).... God declares the end from the beginning (Is 46:10).

Yes, He knew Adam was going to sin. He knew we are all going to sin and fall away. He knew all the choices you and I are going to make in our entire life, even if we don't know it yet.

And as the discussion went on, the Holy Spirit dropped a revelation of the love of Christ in my heart.

It was like I overheard this conversation:
Heavenly Father: Jesus, if you create Adam, we know he is going to sin and fall away right?
Jesus: Yes Father, I know.
Father: If Adam sins, you know the consequences right?
Jesus: Yes, I know. But not my will but yours be done, I will empty myself, taking the form of a bond-servant and be made in the likeness of man... to be the sacrifice for Adam's sins, even death on a cross.
And in His great love, Jesus created all things..... even while knowing He will have to go to the cross....
For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities--all things have been created through Him and for Him... and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross; (Col 1:16, 20 NASB)
Oh the great love of our Lord! Even though He knew Adam will sin, He still loved us enough to create us, knowing full well that He will then have to suffer and DIE to redeem us!!

My eyes teared as I was sharing that with my cell. And I fall deeper in love with my Lord.
For this reason I bow my knees before the Father... that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God. (Eph 3:14,17b-19 NASB)
Hallelujah!!! Jesus is indeed worthy of all our adoration, praise and worship!!

For His Glory!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this, Phil.

    Even as far back as Gen 3:15, God already foretold that Jesus would become man so that He could crush Satan's head.

    There has also been a related question about whether God knew that Lucifer would rebel when he created the angels.

    My conviction is that God knew, but went ahead anyway because He had all the bases covered already, so to speak, and that Satan would end up in the lake of fire (Rev 20:10).

    Actually I have begun to really appreciate the words of the Hillsong song, "So You Would Come" because it speaks of the extent that God undertook to redeem us unto Himself...

    Before the world began,
    You were on His mind.
    And ev'ry tear you cry
    Is precious in His eyes.
    Because of His great love,
    He gave His only Son,
    Ev'rything was done,
    So you would come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and yes, loving jaejae is me. thank the html on my blog template for the ingenious nickname.

    ReplyDelete