Thursday, October 11, 2007

Be Supernatural God's Way

Hi folks

If you are like me years ago, you will shy away from trying to do the supernatural. I have always believed that God is almighty, able to do anything and everything. But I have never believed that I would be able to perform those miracles that Jesus and the apostles did.

If you re-read my last sentence carefully, you will realise as I do now my erroneous understanding. It is NOT me performing the miracles but God who performs the miracle.... through MY obedience!

Say what? Yes, by being obedient to the Word. For example Jesus says in Mark 16:15,17-18
"He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.... And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well." (Mk 16:15,17-18)
Then what happened when the disciples went out to preach?
"Then the disciples went out and preached everywhere, and the Lord worked with them and confirmed his word by the signs that accompanied it." (Mk 16:20)
The Lord worked with them and confirmed His own word! It is the Lord that performs the miracles!

So my part is to lay hands... and the Lord will heal. My part is to preach the gospel, plant that seed into my friend's heart... and the Holy Spirit will convict him.

Easier said then done right? I know how you feel... many times when I am with my friends (especially non-Christians) and they say they are ill or not feeling well, I am prompted in my spirit to stretch out my hand and say to them "Would you like me to pray for you?" but I did NOTHING! Cold sweat will break out and my hands will freeze and I'll stuff them deeper into my pocket! What if they don't recover??!! What if I can't heal them?! Ah ha!! Still my old erroneous thinking! It is NOT me! I got to TRUST the Lord to be able to do it
As the Scripture says, "Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame." (Rom 10:11)
Hey, by God's grace I am working on it!

Some time ago, my 2nd daughter Grace was diagnosed to have a high level of protein in her urine. My wife saw the results of the test strip with her own eyes and she was very concerned as it was almost at the top of the scale. The doctor asked her to collect a bottle of urine first thing the next morning to send to the lab for further tests. That night, after doing devotion with my 2 girls, my eldest daughter Rachel and I laid our hands on Grace and prayed. We prayed a prayer of faith and Grace received her healing by thanking God for healing her in Jesus' name.

The next morning, we collected the urine and sent it to the doctor. 3 days later, the doctor called, sounding surprised that there was not a single trace of protein in her urine! Praise the Lord!

Hey, I don't do the supernatural, but it is great to be a part of it!

So let us be obedient to the Word so that God can do His miracles!

For His Glory!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Phil

    Thanks for sharing your revelation, and that wonderful testimony about your daughter.

    ReplyDelete